Thursday, March 09, 2006

Survey of Clients & Complaints against lawyers slams crooked Law Society officials

January 1999 : Results of the Scottish Consumer Council survey on complaints against lawyers are published ....
You can download the actual SCC report in Adobe Acrobat format by going to this link :
http://www.scotconsumer.org.uk/publications/reports/reports99/rp01comp.pdf

Another relevant report by the SCC, describing the limits of self-regulation in the legal profession can be found here : http://www.scotconsumer.org.uk/publications/reports/reports01/rp08limi.pdf

I was a participant in the compilation of that report, as you will see from the following article which appeared in "The Scotsman", quoting my case and how the Law Society handled it .... although it was by chance I actually got to know about it ... as the Law Society of Scotland's Client Relations Office tried to keep me in the dark over it ....

However, there were many other people who participated in the SCC survey - and almost all of them were wholly dissatisfied with their lawyer and the way in which their complaint to the Law Society of Scotland, and even the complaints to the Scottish Legal Services Ombudsman, had been handled ..... reason why ? simple ... the whole system of complaining against a lawyer in Scotland is just a big game to make sure that clients & complainers don't get anywhere, and the crooked lawyer gets off scot free every time .... with only a few exceptions when there's too much media attention and it's too dangerous to let one slip away ...

My case, was simply too great for the Law Society of Scotland to cave into, because so many of their top officials and Committee members had fiddled and corrupted the investigation & consideration of my own complaint, and if all of that ever got out, and because I had become the focus of attention for many clients who had lost out to their crooked lawyers, the 'top brass' of the Law Society were determined to get me at any cost - no matter what .....

I had visits from the Police on fake tips from the lawyers I was up against, harassment in my life, my family's mail opened, our phones interfered with, warnings given to me second hand that if I didn't shut up, someone would get rid of me ... yes .. that was the extent of the likes of Douglas Mill's fear of me ... and others too it seems, where he was having secret meetings & briefings with people against complaining clients such as myself who were trying to recover compensation for what their crooked lawyer had done to them ... and I can tell you this .. the full power & hatred of the Law Society of Scotland was brought down to bear on us as a family, which is an absolutely awful thing to experience..... but, I'm still standing ... and still here to write about the deep seated corruption which runs through the Scottish legal profession, making sure that anyone who goes against it, might just wind up locked up, or financially ruined, or a lot worse ..

More to come in the next few days .. and while I thank people for making comments & suggestions, I urge you, the reader, to spread the news of these problems with lawyers to others, so that your friends, colleagues, neighbours, or even, yourselves, don't fall to actions your lawyer is probably taking behind your back without your knowledge .... and I can assure ... they will be ...

and a final word of advice ... if you get the chance - before you start dealing with a lawyer - INSIST that they disclose to you their complete REGULATORY HISTORY - so that you know what you are getting before you actually start dealing with them ..

... after all, if you go to a lawyer and try to sell your house - but it turns out - 20 clients of that lawyer have complained about them mis-selling houses or selling them cheap to their friends ... YOU NEED TO KNOW .. because practices like this throughout the legal profession in Scotland, and the rest of the UK, are VERY COMMON there days ....
Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: